"She seeks wool & flax, And works willingly with her hands" ~ Proverbs 31:13

December 27, 2011

The Next Iron Quilter

Just for the fun of it, I'm entering The Next Iron Quilter sponsored by Missouri Star Quilt Co.  The Special Ingredient was Moda's "Summer Breeze" Charm pack, purchased from them. When the contest was announced I made my purchase and then stayed too busy to even begin working on my submission.

With Christmas all wrapped up I've had a few days to pull it together. Thankfully I had already found my inspiration pattern "Trellis Effect" in the Sew Scrappy Quilt magazine from Better Homes and Gardens. I love the colors {all my favorites in one quilt} in the featured piece so much I may have to make this pattern again, in those same original colors.

The inspiration pattern
Charm packs sorted into color piles

To the Charm pack I added Kona white, a marbled sky blue and a yellow butterfly print {not pictured} for the back.

Assembled blocks

 I always marvel at how the fabric is transformed as it goes from simple squares of fabric into patterns and designs that bring out the beauty of the fabric.

Quilt Center
 Love how the small sashing strips in the middle of each block combined with the larger sashing strips that surround each block really do make it look like a trellis.



I'm thinking that butterflies along with some loops or curlicues quilted all over it would make for a nice finishing touch.  Now I'm off to add some borders and do the quilting,  with just 4 days until the deadline for submissions, I better hurry.

Blessings,
The Little Pink Rose
Marcia

1 comment:

I Love hearing from you!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...