"She seeks wool & flax, And works willingly with her hands" ~ Proverbs 31:13

February 8, 2013

Finished {Craisy Daisy} & A Winner

 There's just something about a finished quilt that makes me happy!
Then there's the way that the quilting designs bring the pattern, the fabric and the thread all together to create something more than I imagined it could be that makes me even happier!
This quilt is among one of my favorite quilts!

I am fascinated by how the colors of the fabric appear differently depending on how sun hits it.


 Since my youngest man has moved off on his own and is no longer available to do photo shots with me....I pulled my dear hubby into the process. When  I told him he had to measure up to the fantastic job that our youngest had done with this, his only response was to tell me that he wasn't as tall. 

Well, thankfully for him this is only Baby Quilt size and him being shorter didn't matter!
I told him on the bigger quilts that he'll just have to get the ladder out.


 The feathers in the border came out even more elegant than I expected them to. A happy surprise!


I like the pearl necklace in the white border strip.  If I were to do it again, I would make the circles just a tiny bit smaller.


  Spirited Verse Candy for the binding. I really like this stripped fabric! 


Pearl Necklace Technique: 
To make the circles uniform, I traced around a nickle with a water soluble marking pen.
Using the circles as my guide I free-motion quilted around the circles.


For those who are curious about the quilting motion....you'll see some colored arrows in the photo above. (click on the photo to see a larger image)

Motion 1: Red arrows
Begin stitching and trace around the full circle.

Motion 2: Blue arrows
Stitch right on top of the previous stitches (You'll only stitch over half of the circle you just stitched). When you come to the point of the next circle move right into the next circle and make a full circle. 

Motion 3: Black arrows.
Just as in motion 2 stitch over the previous stitching until you come to the point where you can move into the next circle.

It's kind of like a fat figure eight and even though I broke it down into three motions, ideally it's done as one fluid motion.  For best results, practice on paper first, then practice stitching on a practice sandwich before trying it out on your quilt.


Quilt Stats: 
Finished size: 54"x43"
Pattern: Craisy Daisy from Green Fairy Quilts available in my shop.
Fabric: Art Gallery Fabrics from my shop Little Pink Rose Quilting & Sewing 
Stabilizer for Appliques: Sulky medium weight
Thread: Aurifil 50 wt.  white #2024 & Pink #2425

You can see more photos on my flickr photostream. Click Here.

Last but certainly not least it's time to announce the winner of the Mystique Fat Quarter Bundle.
Mr. Random number generator chose:
Congratulations Connie!!! Send me your address and this delightful bundle will be on its way to you.

In the shop we'll be having a couple of different Sweetheart Specials. 
Stop on by and check out the deals. www.littlepinkrose.com

Blessings &
Happy Stitching
Marcia 

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the feathers and the striped binding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt!!! I love the colors, all the different textures, the fint and especially the quilting. Do you have a long arm? Thanks for showing the nickel. Did you travel along the bottom to start your next circle? congrats on a beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quilting on my regular home sewing machine, a Husqvarna Sapphire 875 with the 10" arm, which I love!!! On the circle I travel stitched along the curve of the circle until I came to the point that it meets the next circle I want to stitch.

      Delete
  3. I really love this quilt. The colors are great, and the quilting is fabulous. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did an absolutely wonderful job quilting this beautiful quilt. Congratulations on a job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! The quilting is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Swirls AND feathers!! Really amazing feathers! ...[sigh]...It wouldn't help me to draw out the circles. I find it very hard to stay on the line when I quilt. So I am totally impressed with all three designs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Breathtaking!! I LOVE the colors and you are a very talented quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, I kept on looking down for more pictures! Amazing quilt, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great quilting! I would never have the patience to trace a nickel so many times!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic! That quilting really makes the quilt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so precious! I loved the pearls as well

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a darling quilt. The quilting looks wonderful, and the colors are soothing. Great job! I am glad you put the nickel in for scale because at first the circles looks bigger to me. Wow, very tiny circles!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The quilting on this is fabulous. I am so impressed. I think the uniformity of the circles is amazing, but I'm with MC (comment above) and doubt I would have had the patience.

    What a gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my word, yes- the quilting on this is stunning! So awesome, will be surely loved!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous quilt and the quilting is out of this world spectacular! You said if you were to do it again you would make the circles on the white border smaller. I think the size you did them is perfect. They really pop in this quilt. LOVE it. Puts a nice frame around the quilt.

    Did you quilt this with a long arm or a regular sewing machine?

    Your quilting is really beautiful. Do you quilt quilt tops people made as part of your business?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quilted on a regular sewing machine. Yes, I am thrilled to quilt quilt tops others have made! Anyone interested in a pricing quote can private message me at info(at)littlepinkrose(dot)com

      Delete
  16. Amazing free motion quilting. Beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The quilting looks fantastic. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your quilt. So pretty!! Your quilting designs look great. Terrific job!
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing job. Lucky baby to be so loved.

    ReplyDelete

I Love hearing from you!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...