"She seeks wool & flax, And works willingly with her hands" ~ Proverbs 31:13

September 29, 2012

Almost Empty Nesters!

Today we loaded a 12 foot moving van with everything my youngest was able to talk my hubby and I into giving him for his new bachelor pad.

Can you see the excitement on my dear hubby's face!?!
 He is moving half way across the country and when he pulls away in just a few hours we will officially be Empty Nesters.  Since my boys were were already 6 & 7 years old when we got married, this is the first time we've ever experienced being without children, something we're looking forward to!
I really hate pictures of myself! 
I'm having mixed feelings.  Though not the stereo-typical feelings moms are supposed to have when their kids move out on their own.  On one hand I am celebrating, this is the child I wasn't sure would fly the nest very quickly or willingly. He surprised me with his desire and request to rent the house we have back in Missouri. On the other hand I am going to miss all his wonderful help around the house and with normal day to day cooking and clean as well as help preparing for church events and dinners.  My schedule will have to be radically adjusted to now do all his work as well as my own. 

12 feet of bachelor pad necessities
Mostly though I am excited for Michael, he decided it was time to start being a productive member of society and that it was time to move out of mom and dad's house.  There are times I question whether I've done all that I needed to do to prepare our boys for life on their own. There are things I would do differently if I had it to do over, but since I can't have a 'do over', I rest in the knowledge that I did the best I knew how to do and have left the rest in the hands of God, with the prayer that he would fill in the gaps where I feel short as a mom and teacher.

A young man ready to head off into his future!

This will be my last post for awhile, I'll see you all in October.

{{HUGS}}
Marcia

3 comments:

  1. What a momentous, life changing event. I hope your adjustment turns out to be more fun and less difficult than you might be anticipating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I thought this was sweet. I don't have any children of my own.
    He looks so excited about his big move! (remember when we were young?).
    I bet your prayer life will increase by leaps and bounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck to Michael and hugs for you.

    ReplyDelete

I Love hearing from you!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...