"She seeks wool & flax, And works willingly with her hands" ~ Proverbs 31:13

February 17, 2012

Cuddle Bears

Yesterday was a productive day for me. We drove down to Lynchburg to visit our college boy and celebrate his birthday with him. It's always good to catch up with him, even if it was for just a few short hours.


After the 3-hour drive back home, it was straight to my sewing studio for me, where I spent the rest of the evening creating adorable little bears. Made from McCall's Crafts pattern # M5605.

Stuffing-less bears

They seem so lifeless and even a little sad, without their stuffing. Seeing their flat little bodies lying on the table, reminds me of the Flat Stanley the kids made when they were little.

When I started this project it was with the intention of making just one bear as a gift for a very special young lady.  But the yard of fabric that the pattern calls for is actually enough to make all three sizes. Taking into consideration the major fur factor this fur creates, I thought it best to go ahead and make all three bears and just deal with the fur all at once instead of on several different days.  Maybe I'll sell the other two bears.

A tiny amount of the fur!

It's one of those projects that you just have to accept that you'll be covered in fur within seconds of beginning and it will follow your every step leaving a trail of fur everywhere you go.

Cuddle Bears

But, in the end the trail of fur all over the house is worth it, especially when you know the bears will be greatly loved by each of their recipients!

If you're interested in placing an order for a cuddle bear, contact me at: oneteachingmom@yahoo.com

Bears can be custom made to your specifications, limited only by available fabric, fur and ribbon. 

Smiles,
Marcia the Little Pink Rose

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! I need to make more little friends for my girls. These are too cute!

    ReplyDelete

I Love hearing from you!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...