"She seeks wool & flax, And works willingly with her hands" ~ Proverbs 31:13

February 25, 2012

Animal Print {Coming Along}


Today's progress on this quilt included piecing the rest of the blocks, squaring and trimming all 36 blocks...

...laying them out "randomly".  (I've found that a random layout really isn't so random - spent an hour arranging and rearranging blocks for the right balance) and sewing the blocks together.

 Once it was laid out,  I just stood there and smiled. All my hesitation and anxiety over the colors I'd chosen melted away.

36 perfectly trimmed blocks

When dear hubby arrived home tonight it was still lying out in the living room floor. Seeking his opinion I asked him what he thought.....
His first question, "Are you making that for me!?!"
"Why?"  I asked.
"I want it, I love the colors!"

Sadly for him, it's not his. But, I do enjoy having his stamp of approval!

"Animal Print Quilt" isn't a very creative name for this beauty.
Any thoughts?

I do need a better name for it than, "Animal Print Quilt," but so far that's the best I've come up with. Not very creative at all. 

A thought just hit me............what do you think of, "Safari Explosion"  as a name for this quilt?

I have fallen head over heals in LOVE with this quilt!!

God Bless,
Marcia the Little Pink Rose

5 comments:

  1. I like the title idea. And I'm with Darren, I want one! Great work, Marcia, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am inviting you come and be part of my blog hop:
    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/02/stuffed-green-peppers-show-your-stuff.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not really an animal print fan, but I have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE your quilt! Just might change my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You for participating in Show Your Stuff Blog Hop, You are invited to come back:
    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/03/show-your-stuff-13-chocolate-cover.html

    ReplyDelete

I Love hearing from you!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...