"She seeks wool & flax, And works willingly with her hands" ~ Proverbs 31:13

July 6, 2012

Cathedral Window Pincushions

While working on a couple of special orders for Cathedral Window Pincushions, I couldn't resist experimenting with some different combinations of fabric.



Starting with a variety of fabric choices....


Did some fabric folding....



And ended up with some cute pincushions....

Aqua - Special Order

Patriotic

Dragon Fly

Aqua - Special order with flower button

Doodles with Pink Button

Black & White with Pink & Green

These are all filled with crushed walnut shells, giving the perfect weight for a pincushion that won't go rolling way when used.  The tutorial for this pincushion can be found at:  My Go-Go Life



Happy Sewing, 

3 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I definitely have to make one (or some) of these little cuties. Thanks for sharing.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours look beautiful and remind me that I need to make a few more myself. I have made one. Perhaps, with practice the future ones will look more like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a demonstration for cathedral windows in my guild a couple of years ago but I've never tackled one. Yours are beautiful! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete

I Love hearing from you!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...