"She seeks wool & flax, And works willingly with her hands" ~ Proverbs 31:13

July 10, 2012

For God & Country {In Progress}

"For God & Country" is coming along pretty well. I don't have as much finished as I'd like to have at this point, but I'm pleased with where I'm at with it. The blocks are all quilted and all that's left to quilt are the sashing strips and the setting blocks.

Sashing strips will be quilted with feathers in variegated blue.
Each center block creates a cross which is outline quilted to highlight the cross.
The stippling is again used to help the crosses jump out of each more.
Had to take a break from quilting to prepare supper for the family.
Red Velvet & Chocolate pancakes were on the menu tonight.



Happy Sewing,

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Dropped in through WIP Wednesday...

    I have to say, I really like the way this quilt looks. I especially like the one square with the "76" in the first photo...it seems to turn the project from a red, white & blue quilt to a patriotic one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you took a traditional block and put a modern twist on it with the plus signs. I also like the idea of the patriotic prints too.

    ReplyDelete

I Love hearing from you!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...