"She seeks wool & flax, And works willingly with her hands" ~ Proverbs 31:13

March 11, 2012

Cathedral Window Pincushion

The NOVA Modern Quilt Guild that I recently joined is in the midst of a Cathedral Window Pincushion Swap. Since the patten didn't look too difficult or time consuming a signed up to a part of this swap. I was not disappointed! The pattern really was easy (more origami than sewing) and turned out so cute! So cute in fact after finishing my swap cushion, I had to make one for myself! Both pincushions are filled with crushed walnut shells, making for a nice weighted pin cushion as well as being truly useful, since the crushed shells will keep the pins sharp.


My Cathedral Window Pincushion

Here's a sneak peek of the pincushion I put together for the guild swap. Can't show the completed cushion until I send it off to my swap partner.

Pincushion for swap

If you'd like to create your own Cathedral Window pincushion the step-by-step tutorial can be found here at "My Go-Go Life" Blog. The pincushion was so easy, it makes me want to try doing a Cathedral Window Quilt. May have to add this to my growing list of quilts I want to make! I guess you'd call that my Quilting Bucket List. Do you have a Bucket List?

Many Blessings!
Marcia - the Little Pink Rose

11 comments:

  1. This is so cute. I have never done a cathedral window--this looks like a great project to start with. It turned out super!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out so cute! I love making these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw another one of these somewhere today... I totally want to make one! I don't think I'd get a whole cathedral window quilt done, but I could definitely make a pincushion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! I'm with Sally, I love cathedral windows, but would lose patience on a whole quilt. A pincushion would be just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pincushion it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! What a great way to do a pattern like a cathedral window. I've been putting it off for a long time but this seems like a good way to try it without committing to a large quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A pincushion, as mentioned by others, is a safe way to try a new technique without commiting too much. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these pincushions! They have been on my To Do List for awhile now. Love your colors choices.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I just popped in from Fabric Tuesday. Love the pin cushion, cathedral windows always look so difficult. But it is so cute and inspiring! I am a new follower. My parents live in Joplin, MO. Hope you're enjoying Virginia! :)
    xo
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I'm visiting from the FAFF and I love your pincushion. I'll have to get off my bottom end and make one soon.

    Smiles,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pincushion is so beautiful, Marcia! What a great way to get a Cathedral Window off one's bucket list!

    ReplyDelete

I Love hearing from you!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...