"She seeks wool & flax, And works willingly with her hands" ~ Proverbs 31:13

June 4, 2013

Quilting Away {Truly an Honor}

I've had this gorgeous quilt hanging on my design wall for several weeks now.
I didn't make this quilt. A missionary friend of ours made it and I'm feeling so humbled and honored that she choose me to do the quilting on this beautiful piece of art!


 From my Aurifil selection {my absolute favorite thread for both piecing and quilting!} I pulled together several coordinating solids and variegated spools that I thought would compliment the fabric. 
 

 The goal is to do the quilting in a way that the fabric is center stage and the quilting motifs compliment the fabric.


 So far, I like how it's coming together.
I absolutely love the beautiful bright colors in this quilt. So fun to work with!! 

Happy Quilting & Many Blessings,
Marcia 

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited! I love, love, love it! I knew you were the perfect choice! The blessing is doubled because of our friendship. Can't wait to see the final product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can hardly wait to get it finished and delivered to you!!!!! I spent so long with it up on my design wall studying it and contemplating different quilting designs, that the wall is looking rather bare and lonely now. I'm praying that the final product is all that you're hoping it will be!

      Delete

I Love hearing from you!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...