"She seeks wool & flax, And works willingly with her hands" ~ Proverbs 31:13

April 16, 2013

A Tea Cozy {Finished}

Finished up the cutest little tea cozy today.
This was a special order that I was honored to be asked to make.
Of course I had to add a few extra special touches....I just couldn't resist. 

Hot Pink Chevron Tea Cozy
 The only direction I was given was 1) a tea cozy that sits over the teapot and 2) pink chevrons.

I used the Medium  Hot Pink Chevron from Riley Blake Designs. 
The direction for this little cozy didn't call for any quilting, but it was just calling out for it. 
Using a walking foot, I used the edge of the chevron as my guide, lining it up with one edge of the foot and echo quilted the chevron print. I thought about adding a second line of quilting, but this seemed like just the right amount. 

The binding is the Hot Pink Solid from Riley Blake Designs.
(both the chevron and this solid are available in the shop www.littlepinkrose.com)

The binding is cut on the bias using the continuous bias binding method....my favorite binding. 
To attach the binding I stitched it down, folded it over the raw edge, covering the stitching line and used a stick glue (for fabrics) to tack the binding in place. 

Then from the side that I had just stitched I top stitched about an 1/8" or so from the edge, using the presser foot as a guide and making sure to catch the opposite side in the stitching.

The final little touch was choosing an adorable little dot print that coordinated well with the pink chevron. Because of the way this little cozy is pieced together it's also reversible, with that in mind I picked an adorable little dot that coordinated with the pink chevron quite well. The dots are from a retired collection called "Sunshine" by Riley Blake. If she gets tired of looking at Pink Chevrons there are cute little dots hiding just a turn of the cozy away!!

Reverse side of Tea Cozy {aka Inside lining}




I'm heading off to spend some much needed time with my youngest "not-so-little" man. 

Leaving the hubby at home....this way I can spoil the child a bit....shhhhh! 

Miss you gals already!
I'll be back in the shop next week
But, in the mean time I'm leaving you with a "Vacation Special" 

FREE Shipping on all Domestic orders 
$10 off all International orders
April 17-23

To Visit Little Pink Rose click HERE.

Happy Stitching &
Many Blessings!
Marcia 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love hearing from you!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...