"She seeks wool & flax, And works willingly with her hands" ~ Proverbs 31:13

November 4, 2012

Weekend of Progress {Super Mario Quilt}

After a much too long, but necessary break from the Super Mario Brothers Quilt I've made some good progress this weekend.  I'm participating in the "Super Mario Brother's Quilt Along" on the Cut to Pieces Blog. Angela has a great pattern and her directions are fairly simple. The only change I made was leaving out the sticky stabilizers. I just laid the pieces out and carefully pieced them together in individual strips. It probably takes a bit longer, but I like how it comes out better.

Last time I checked in on this project the Mario and Luigi blocks were finished and the Red Mushroom block was laid out and ready for some machine time. My sweet hubby was away doing his National Guard thing this weekend, leaving me free to spend as much time in my happy place {aka my sewing studio} as I wanted.  And I enjoyed every minute of it!!

The blocks I finished this weekend were: 

Red Mushroom - Finished

Star waiting to be pieced

Finished Star

The Cloud that Follows Mario everywhere about to be pieced


Four  finished only 8 more to go!!

Thanks for stopping by and allowing me to share my joy of sewing/quilting with you! 
Blessings & Hugs
Marcia 




1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is just too awesome! Your quilt totally reminds me of Saturdays with the old Nintendo when I was a kid. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete

I Love hearing from you!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...