"She seeks wool & flax, And works willingly with her hands" ~ Proverbs 31:13

November 1, 2012

Quilt Market & Hurricane Sandy

Quilt Market was last week and I a great time, but didn't take nearly as many pictures as I had planned to take. Not at all sure how that happened.

Our first day was a day filled with what they call School House. They offer a variety of workshops varying from business knowledge, to new products & fabric collection reveals. I find the fabric collection reveals to be the most fun!  

One of the designers I went to see was Thomas Knauer with Andover Fabrics. I love his modern designs and colors!



Thomas Knauer - Fabric Designer

 Angela Walters is one of my favorite long-arm quilters and she has a new book, In the Studio with Angela Walters, it's brimming with tips and techniques for quilters as well as some beautiful quilts!! 

Angela Walters - Quilter Extraordinaire
Quilt from Angela's book - In the Studio with Angela Walters

 Then I discovered a new designer (well new to me anyway) Stephanie Prescott. She has this new collection of Batiks coming out called Macchiato which is absolutely beautiful.  I've ordered some of the pieces from this collection and wish so much that I could afford to order the entire collection!! The colors are so rich and luscious!

Stephanie Prescott showing her pattern "It's Good to be Square"  made up in Macchiato

My last workshop of the day was with Tula Pink who was revealing her new fabric collection, Salt Water.  I found myself again wishing that I could order afford to carry the entire collection in all three colorways. I love it all!!  I did order the entire blue colorway, some charm packs with the entire collection as well as a kit of pre-cut hexies for the hexagon quilt, "Hex on the Beach."

"Hex on the Beach"

Tula Pink and the Salt Water Collection
Saltwater
Saltwater
I think this quilt is, "Anchors Away" made with the blue colorway of Saltwater

The first day of Market was a  mixed day for me,  I had a great time seeing all the new fabrics and gadgets and placing orders, but I was a bit bummed that due to my limited budget  I was finished placing my orders by noon. I spent the rest of the afternoon admiring all the fabric I couldn't afford to order. Mystique by Lila Tueller is one of those collections that I'm in the midst of trying to find the funds to order before it's out of print. It's so striking and versatile and simply gorgeous!


LOVE this dress!!  Made using one of the main prints in the Mystique collection


Even though I was a bit bummed about running out of funds so quickly it turned out to be a blessing in the end. With Hurricane Sandy marching toward the East Coast they were busy cancelling flights and mine was on the chopping block (and that was after already moving my original flight up to a day). I was able to get a flight for Sunday morning and made it into Dulles on one of the last flights of the day before they closed down the airport. All in all it turned out to be a great trip and I came home inspired and excited to get back to work!

Hugs!
Marcia

1 comment:

  1. Okay... love the Machiato collection. Would love to make a quilt out of the collection.
    And would absolutely love to rock that black and white dress...wow! Gorgeous! Makes me wish I had a reason to make that one...I even love the shape, just not the extra frill on one shoulder :)

    ReplyDelete

I Love hearing from you!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...