"She seeks wool & flax, And works willingly with her hands" ~ Proverbs 31:13

August 11, 2012

Week in Review

It's been on of those weeks that I'm not sure how to describe.  It's been a good week. It's even been a productive week. Yet I don't "feel" like I accomplished much. So, to combat this, "feeling" I'm doing a blog post just for me....and you all are invited to join me.


This week I worked on:

This months block for Clubhouse (finished)
Pyramid pincushion (finished)
Made using fabric selvages & filled with crushed walnut shells
Designed a new ironing board cover - with little pink roses all over it - LOVE IT!
The old one was so gross, I couldn't bring myself to even take a before picture for comparison.




Created & Hung Design wall in my studio
Once I get my studio painted this will show up better!
Added grommets at the top and hung it from hooks in the wall.

Bridesmaid dress for October Wedding
started and had first fitting ready for a few alterations

Mock-up of Wedding Gown for September Wedding
completed and fitted several design decisions made


Special ordered Cathedral Window Pincushion
Finished & ready for pick-up


Michael's Graduation Quilt
Progress Made (1/2 of the rows stitched together- more of it is on the design wall above)

Graduation Quilt rows piled up and ready to be chain stitched.
"Leaders & Enders" at the right of the machine - using scraps that will be turned into a scrap quilt later

Also  worked on(but there is no photographic evidence for):
  • Quilt Shop Website (went through several how to videos and user manual lessons)
  • Figured Out how to watermark my photos (as seen on the photos above)
  • Updated & Cleaned up this blog
  • Went to Ultrasound appointment (mother nature & I aren't getting along very well)
  • Delivered Andrew's car to the body shop for repairs (my hubby & youngest were re-ended last week. Thankfully only the car had any injuries)
    Accepted several fabric deliveries for the shop (it was like Christmas!!)
  • Ordered Fabric for a Special ordered Mario themed quilt
  • Played with some different ideas for 2 other special ordered quilts
  • Made list of supplies needed from the fabric store for several in progress projects. 
  • Took several more special order requests and appointments for custom sewing & alterations
It was indeed a very productive week!!  That doesn't even take into account the time spent reading books, other blogs, doing research and cooking several meals. Thanks for indulging my need to do a little review....that "feeling" has passed, now I'm off to the studio for a bit more sewing time.

Hugs,
Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love hearing from you!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...