"She seeks wool & flax, And works willingly with her hands" ~ Proverbs 31:13

June 13, 2012

Trying a New Technique ~ Diamonds


Preparing to create diamonds on this inner border & hoping for the best
I love it when I'm working on a quilt and I can use it to practice a new technique. Of course the before ever putting needle to quilt, I've practiced on a muslin sandwich. 

One of my favorite quilters is Judi Madsen aka The Green Fairy. Her quilting quality and creativity is absolutely amazing and completely inspiring.

I'm quilting with my regular home machine and Judi is quilting with a longarm quilting machine so there are some differences in procedure to create the designs but, with a few adjustments her designs can be successfully stitched with a regular machine.  For the more complicated designs she has created PDF templates, that can be purchased. One of my favorites is her dragonfly. Adorable!

It was the amazing stitching on this particular quilt which inspired the diamonds I'm adding to the safari quilt.


Blessings & Happy Stitching,


2 comments:

  1. I so enjoy Judi's quilting...I know yours will turn out well too.

    I always enjoy learning new techniques....it keeps things interesting.

    Smiles,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your finished product. I know it will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I Love hearing from you!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...