"She seeks wool & flax, And works willingly with her hands" ~ Proverbs 31:13

April 4, 2012

Pattern Testing {the top}


Spent a couple of hours this morning finishing the piecing of the "Colorblock" quilt pattern I'm testing for Bijou Lovely.   If you're looking for a quick baby quilt with an easy to follow pattern, I'd highly recommend ordering, "Colorblock" from Bijou Lovely as soon as she publishes it!

A perfect quilt to feature a favorite fat quarter bundle or to highlight some of your favorite fabrics.


On my test quilt I used one of my favorite pieces of fabric for the center column, "Flower Power" from Hoffman Fabrics.  The camera flash didn't do it justice and made it look like there's more of a difference between it and the other fabrics than there actually is.  I'm going to have to play with my camera and see if I can figure out how to keep it from doing that, though I'm not even sure it's possible.

The rest of the fabric used was a hodge-podge of fat quarters I've collected from several different shops. Unfortunately none of the pieces had a selvage carrying the name of the fabric or company that made it. 

I've been playing with some different ideas for quilting this little cutie. At first I thought I'd go with a basic allover stippling, but then I keep imaging each block with something different and now I  can't decide what to do on it. May have to let it cook for a day or two before diving into the quilting.

Hope you're having a creative & greatly blessed Wednesday!!

{{{Hugs}}}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love hearing from you!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...