"She seeks wool & flax, And works willingly with her hands" ~ Proverbs 31:13

January 20, 2012

Stitching Away

Little Pink Rose has had a productive week of sewing.

I was able to finish the {after the fact} additions that I made to my "Next Iron Quilter" entry.  Oh by the way, if you didn't already know, my entry finished in the Top Ten with a 7th place finish!!!

Go here to see the pictures I sent to enter the Challenge. It didn't have a border or even any binding on it yet. Thankfully, this wasn't easily noticeable in the small pictures posted for voting.

Since then, I've added a matching blue border and practiced creating free motion feather stitches all along it.





This backing fabric, full of butterflies, was the inspiration for the butterflies that I quilted over the entire quilt.

I like how the border and feathers give the quilt a feeling of completeness and coziness that just wasn't present before these touches were added.



But, that wasn't the quilt that garnered most of my attention this week. It was a special ordered T-shirt Quilt, with all the T-Shirts being from playing baseball.


Since this is made of all baseball T-shirts, diamonds seemed like the perfect touch for the red inner border.


On the outer border I stitched what would be called piano keys,  except I put them on an angle

The back.

I always a bit fascinated by the back of the quilt. In a unique way, it's its own piece of art. You might be able to tell in this picture that there are several different colors of thread on the back. I know that some quilters always match the bobbin thread to backing fabric {in this case it would have been white}. But, I've found that the white bobbin thread tends to want to poke out and show on the top. To avoid this I've matched the bobbin thread to the top thread.



Just needs some binding. 

 My goal is to finish the binding this weekend and get this in the mail by the first of next week.

The final project of the week was a special ordered 24-slot crayon roll up.




Also spent some time planning some future quilts, but I can't show any of that just yet. Getting excited about the possibilities!!!

Thank you for sharing some of your time with me, hope you were inspired and enjoyed all the pictures.

~Marcia
a.k.a. The Little Pink Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love hearing from you!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...