"She seeks wool & flax, And works willingly with her hands" ~ Proverbs 31:13

January 10, 2012

Crayon Rollups {for Church}

Crayon Rollup

Like a lot of churches we have children's bulletins for the Worship services. It's full of fun enrichment activities for our little ones. We provide crayons for them in little ziploc bags, but as soon as I saw this tutorial Summerfield Quilts blog, I knew it was just what we needed for the crayons.

When I came across this perfect fabric for the project at JoAnn's it was time to get stitching.  The original tutorial I followed {the link is above} used a 22" length of fabric with room for 24 crayons. For these I cut it down to just 12 inches and still had room for a good variety of crayons.

All I needed was the decorative fabric, some fabric for the pocket, flannel for the middle, hair elastics and a button. A yard of the crayon fabric was enough to get seven crayon roll-ups out of it.

6" x 12" pieces cut out and read to piece together. The green strips have already been pressed in half.

Ready to be rolled up
From cutting to finish this took right about an hour or so.  Another quick & easy project.

All rolled up and ready to go.
It turned out so cute, I can hardly wait to finish the rest and see what the kids think of them.  For the complete tutorial click here.  After adjusting the height, these would be great for colored pencils and ink pens too. Wish I'd had these when my guys were little, perfect for keeping things contained.

May your day be greatly blessed!
Marcia
a.k.a. Little Pink Rose

2 comments:

  1. Do you know I was thinking about them on Sunday!!! I always cringe when one of the boys stick their hands in that bag. They are going to LOVE them but I might love them more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing how much noise a ziploc bag is capable of making!

    ReplyDelete

I Love hearing from you!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...