"She seeks wool & flax, And works willingly with her hands" ~ Proverbs 31:13

November 17, 2011

Early Christmas Rush

Shades of blue have been stitched into actual blocks. Can you see the star? 

Starting to come together.

Laid out and ready for some sashing and borders



Finally at the quilting phase. Free-Motion Meandering.


We're celebrating an early Christmas with my family when we go back home for Thanksgiving. We'll actually celebrate Christmas with them before Thanksgiving. I know it's crazy and a bit backwards, but that's how our schedules end up working out. I've been working on this special gift for my mom in between other projects, but now we're to crunch time and all other things must wait until after Thanksgiving vacation. As of today I two and a half days to required completion. What do you think, will I make it?

3 comments:

  1. Yes, you can! It's beautiful! I'm a wee little bit jealous. She will love it! My mom treasures the one I made for her - and not because of my sewing/quilting skills but in spite of them. :) Wishing you a very special Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're already quilting, it's just coasting from here. If you sew the binding down by hand, you can do it in the car on the way! Is this not a surprise present, or does Mom not have internet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking the same thing Susie. I sew one side of the binding on by machine, fold it over to the back and then hand stitch it. It'll work perfectly. Went to bed this morning with less than 1/3 of the quilting left to do. It's looking good.

    Mom doesn't have internet. In fact she refuses to even get a computer - absolutely hates them. Stems from computer frustrations at work, she doesn't want the same frustrations at home too.

    ReplyDelete

I Love hearing from you!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...