"She seeks wool & flax, And works willingly with her hands" ~ Proverbs 31:13

November 26, 2011

Mom's Special Quilt


A great big THANK YOU to all who said a little prayer for me as I rushed the finish my mom's Christmas Quilt. I wasn't at all sure that I'd get it all done before arriving in Missouri. But, on day two of our drive to Missouri I was able to complete hand-stitching the binding on the back of the quilt. She absolutely loved it and ooohhed and aaahhed over it quite a bit. Turns out I even got the blue right, it's her favorite color.

Mom looks pleased.

The label has a chicken sitting atop a huge egg in its nest. It's a salute to all the chickens she's had on the farm over the years.  

The perfect size for a bed-topper or a lap quilt. 

The inspiration pattern came from the Better Homes and Gardens, Sew Scrappy Vol. 2. I wasn't able to find a link to the pattern, but I think the magazine is still available.

I hope everyone had a wonderfully blessed Thanksgiving and is already well into making preparations for a wonderful Christmas celebration!

6 comments:

  1. beautiful! mtgrandmamo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I wish I had a chance to see you guys while visiting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jarusha,

    It would have been great to be able to see you guys too! Sadly, there were a bunch of people that we would have liked to have visited, but were unable to get together with. Just not enough days. I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning! And I love the chicken label. Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete

I Love hearing from you!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...