"She seeks wool & flax, And works willingly with her hands" ~ Proverbs 31:13

November 6, 2014

Looking to the Future of Little Pink Rose

UPDATE:
Since I shared this decision several months ago, we've been working diligently to find a way to keep the shop open and pursue designing and teaching. I'm thrilled to say that with some creative ideas from my sweet hubby, we have found a way to keep the shop open and continue serving our beloved customers. I'm looking forward to serving you for many years to come! 

God Bless,
Marcia 

______________________________________________________


In September 2011 I re-opened my custom sewing studio, formerly known as Stitches Unlimited by Marcia Ann, under the new name Little Pink Rose Quilting and Sewing as well as adding an online fabric shop to the mix. 

The last 3 years have been an absolute blast meeting new people and sending out packages full of happiness and joy! If you're like me a package of fabric arriving in the mail makes it a good day!


 Several months ago I was asked to teach some Free Motion Quilting classes at Kelly Ann's Quilting in Warrenton, VA. I was quite honored to be asked and trusted to teach the classes! Being able to teach what I love so much energized me and filled me with the desire to teach more as well as stretch my wings and try some new things. So I'm now working on developing intermediate and advanced Free Motion Quilting classes that I'll be able to offer to those who want to go beyond the basics. 

This new found desire to teach and even design some patterns and quilting designs has left me with a bit of a dilemma. Not enough time to do everything I need and want to do.
Basically too many irons in the fire. Too many balls in the air. Too much on my plate.

I found myself struggling to keep up with everything.
The website would need attention, but there were deadlines for projects and classes.
When I did work on the website the projects and deadlines still demanded my attention. Even this blog which I love, suffered from neglect. I was becoming overwhelmed and found myself stuck. Nothing would change unless I made a decision and let a few balls drop. But what needed to be let go?

I spent several months contemplating my options. Asking what I need to be doing and ultimately what is it the Lord is calling me to do with my life and my business.

My hearts desire has always been to create.  More than almost anything else I love creating quilts and stitching beautiful Free Motion Quilting designs on those quilts and being able to share that love of quilting with others through teaching.

With those things in mind I've come to the conclusion that while having the shop has been a blast and a great learning experience it is time to close the fabric shop {with a liquidation sale} and pour my focus and time into creating and teaching.

Little Pink Rose Quilting and Sewing will continue to exist, I will be teaching, designing, quilting and sewing and sharing it all on this blog much more often than I have been in recent months. Next up I'll be sharing a couple of big projects I've been working on over the last few months.

I'm excited about the new possibilities as I follow where the Lord is leading me!

Be sure to stop by the Fabric Shop at www.littlepinkrose.com and checkout our liquidation sale.

www.littlepinkrose.com

Thanks for stopping by and letting me share my new quilting adventures & decisions with you!
God Bless You & Happy Quilting,
Marcia

3 comments:

  1. So sad to hear this...but happy that you have found something that you love to do! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you as you venture into a new season of life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad to see your shop go but very happy for you that you have found your path and are happy

    ReplyDelete

I Love hearing from you!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...