"She seeks wool & flax, And works willingly with her hands" ~ Proverbs 31:13

November 3, 2013

A Tour of My New Studio

It's only taken me three tries to finally get my studio/shop set up just right for sewing, quilting and packaging fabric. I thought you all might enjoy a tour of the studio.  Our new house is about half the size of our last house and surprising to some we absolutely love the smaller house! 

I have to say that my husband is the best husband a girl could ask for! I happily gave me the entire finished portion of the basement for my shop/studio. 

Straight in front of you when you first walk in is the sewing, pressing and project cutting stations.  The fabric shelves extend around the right side of the room.

On the sewing table to the side of the machine is an area with all the little gadgets most often needed when being creative.

To the left of the sewing station is the office/computer area.

This is my personal stash, WIPs, and a comfy rocker for handwork or a friend to join me for a day of fabric play and visiting.

To the right of the sewing area the shop's fabric shelves continue around the room. I'll be adding some more shelves soon for all the new fabric on it's way. In front of the sliding patio doors is a room divider displaying several of the quilts I've made and situated to protect the fabric from the afternoon sun. Just outside the sliding doors is a wonderful porch swing where I can take my hand stitching and enjoy the fresh autumn air.


Opposite of the fabric is the cutting and packaging station as well as my design wall. 
A wonderful feature of the area is that it has a full bathroom so I'm not having to run upstairs all the time. Thank God for the little things! 

 It is a wonderful creative space and shop area and I thank God and my husband for blessing me with such a wonderful gift! I'm enjoying working here and look forward to many hours of sewing, packaging fabric and sewing with friends who come by to enjoy the creative space with me!


Thanks for joining me on this tour of my studio and shop. 
I hope you enjoyed the tour!

God Bless & Happy Quilting!
Marcia

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Marcia and thanks for the tour! Oh to have such a space... Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your space. Your shop area looks so nice and a separate packaging station is wonderful. Your sewing area is so neat and tidy. I wish mine looked so pretty. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

I Love hearing from you!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...