I was able to finish the {after the fact} additions that I made to my "Next Iron Quilter" entry. Oh by the way, if you didn't already know, my entry finished in the Top Ten with a 7th place finish!!!
Go here to see the pictures I sent to enter the Challenge. It didn't have a border or even any binding on it yet. Thankfully, this wasn't easily noticeable in the small pictures posted for voting.
Since then, I've added a matching blue border and practiced creating free motion feather stitches all along it.
This backing fabric, full of butterflies, was the inspiration for the butterflies that I quilted over the entire quilt.
I like how the border and feathers give the quilt a feeling of completeness and coziness that just wasn't present before these touches were added.
But, that wasn't the quilt that garnered most of my attention this week. It was a special ordered T-shirt Quilt, with all the T-Shirts being from playing baseball.
| Since this is made of all baseball T-shirts, diamonds seemed like the perfect touch for the red inner border. |
| On the outer border I stitched what would be called piano keys, except I put them on an angle |
| The back. |
I always a bit fascinated by the back of the quilt. In a unique way, it's its own piece of art. You might be able to tell in this picture that there are several different colors of thread on the back. I know that some quilters always match the bobbin thread to backing fabric {in this case it would have been white}. But, I've found that the white bobbin thread tends to want to poke out and show on the top. To avoid this I've matched the bobbin thread to the top thread.
| Just needs some binding. |
My goal is to finish the binding this weekend and get this in the mail by the first of next week.
The final project of the week was a special ordered 24-slot crayon roll up.
Also spent some time planning some future quilts, but I can't show any of that just yet. Getting excited about the possibilities!!!
Thank you for sharing some of your time with me, hope you were inspired and enjoyed all the pictures.
~Marcia
a.k.a. The Little Pink Rose
No comments:
Post a Comment
I Love hearing from you!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!!