You've heard the ole saying about the cobblers kids going barefoot, because he's too busy making shoes for everyone else......well, I have to admit that I'm guilty of neglecting my immediate family in the quilt arena.
I had good intentions, but good intentions only get you so far.
Here's where it got me......
| He's laughing here because I told him that this was as big as his quilt was going to be. |
....an unfinished quilt. On the day of his graduation I was only able to present him with a tiny sample of his quilt. So much for good intentions. At least he was amused by my tiny quilt presentation.
But there is still hope! And after a not so small change at the request of the recipient, progress is being made.
In total I need 361 of these nine-patch blocks.....I have 23 completed
Originally I had cut all 324 (3-1/8") squares from Kona white....this was the change Michael requested, he didn't like all that white and asked if I could change these to black, "Of course I can son, I aim to please!!"
Bring those three pieces together and here's a peak at what you have. It looses the chain affect, but I think it still has a nice look. See the rack in the top, left corner of the pic? those are all the strips waiting to become tiny (3-1/8") nine-patch blocks.
This week I've also added a wedding gown and a bridesmaid dress to my upcoming schedule, I'm going to have to be very intentional and purposeful with every bit of my time from now until mid-September when all three projects must to be finished. I know I'll be busy, but I like being able to work with a purpose!
Be Creative!

No comments:
Post a Comment
I Love hearing from you!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!!