A few months ago I joined the NOVA Modern Quilt Guild, which I LOVE!! All the ladies are so sweet and very talented, I'm really enjoying getting to know other quilters and being able to be a part of all the guild does, especially the charity quilts created each month!
This month we're working on a modern tactile quilt for a young girl who recently lost her sight. The goal is to create a quilt that she can appreciate through touch and her family will enjoy because it's still pretty. The blocks are simply chenille raw edge appliqued on Gray quilters cotton {very modern}.
This gave me several "first" opportunities: my first contribution to a charity quilt, my first time doing raw edge applique and my first time incorporating gray into a quilt. I never really cared for gray as a part of a quilt, but it's beginning to grow on me....the more I see it used in quilts, the more I like it.
| The four blocks I did for our February Charity Quilt |
I can hardly wait to see the finished quilt, I'm sure it'll be amazing!
Many Blessings,
Marcia the Little Pink Rose
No comments:
Post a Comment
I Love hearing from you!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!!