First, the ink from this pen can NOT be permanently removed. When it gets cold (i.e. stored in a cold room, sent through the mail in the winter, kept in a cold car, etc.) every single one of the marks will reappear. They can be removed again with a blast of steam from a steam iron, but that's not always convenient.
Secondly, on dark fabrics it leaves a white line that will NOT disappear. Thankfully I discovered this on a test piece, before marking a dark quilt.
I still like how this pen works, but with the careful consideration that must be taken before using it on a project, I'm not as in love with it as I once was.
__________________________________________________________________________
I have discovered the most amazing tool, destined to be an absolute favorite in my sewing room. A tool I'll insist on always having plenty of on hand. This is a "must have" marking pen. A pen that every seamstress/quilter should not be without, is Pilot's Frixion pen.
| The Pilot Fixion pen, is a ball point gel pen. |
| The Fixion pen makes nice, bold marks that are easily seen. |
| I used a ruler to mark some nice straight lines for quilting. |
| With just a blast of steam and no rubbing/friction whatsoever |
| Every mark is completely & magically gone! |
Happy Stitching,
Marcia - The Little Pink Rose
No comments:
Post a Comment
I Love hearing from you!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!!