Today's progress on this quilt included piecing the rest of the blocks, squaring and trimming all 36 blocks...
...laying them out "randomly". (I've found that a random layout really isn't so random - spent an hour arranging and rearranging blocks for the right balance) and sewing the blocks together.
Once it was laid out, I just stood there and smiled. All my hesitation and anxiety over the colors I'd chosen melted away.
| 36 perfectly trimmed blocks |
When dear hubby arrived home tonight it was still lying out in the living room floor. Seeking his opinion I asked him what he thought.....
His first question, "Are you making that for me!?!"
"Why?" I asked.
"I want it, I love the colors!"
Sadly for him, it's not his. But, I do enjoy having his stamp of approval!
| "Animal Print Quilt" isn't a very creative name for this beauty. Any thoughts? |
I do need a better name for it than, "Animal Print Quilt," but so far that's the best I've come up with. Not very creative at all.
A thought just hit me............what do you think of, "Safari Explosion" as a name for this quilt?
I have fallen head over heals in LOVE with this quilt!!
God Bless,
Marcia the Little Pink Rose
I like the title idea. And I'm with Darren, I want one! Great work, Marcia, it's beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThanks Nancy!!!
DeleteThank You for participating in Show Your Stuff Blog Hop, You are invited to come back:
ReplyDeletehttp://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/03/show-your-stuff-13-chocolate-cover.html