First is an embroidered dish towel. I found a free download of the pattern here at Bird Brain Designs. I stitched this up on a tea towel while we were driving to Missouri (after finishing the binding on my mom's quilt) and gave it as a hostess gift to our sweet-as-pie Thanksgiving Hostess.
A quick embroidery tip I learned from a friend. When tracing the design onto the fabric use non-bleeding Pigma pens in the color you'll be using to stitch - or a color close to the thread you'll be using.
There are several advantages to using these pens; No need to continually retrace the lines, like when using a pencil, the ink blends with the thread - leaving no dark lines peeking out and unlike washable markers it doesn't disappear in the humidity. Though there is one disadvantage to be aware of and that is the need to trace carefully, but that's easily dealt with by securing the design to the fabric, going slowly, and simply taking your time.
The second project was inspired by this fall table runner. We absolutely fell in LOVE with the fabric, its rich colors are just gorgeous. Sadly for us the shop was completely sold out of this fabric, but thankfully they gave us the directions for it. I was hoping to find the directions online somewhere so I could share them with you but, sorry to say so far I haven't found what I'm looking for.
| Mom is hiding back there behind the table runner. |
| Our alternative selection. |
| I really like how this turned out! |
| Completely by accident the piano on the back is actually centered. |
The Lord's Grace & Peace to you,
Little Pink Rose
Marcia
No comments:
Post a Comment
I Love hearing from you!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!!